Quad Proof Body
Internal Long-Life Battery
4.5H* Internal Long-Life Battery
With a high-capacity battery built into the camcorder, you’ll have plenty of power to shoot entire events without worry, and with no risk of damage by having to change the battery in bad weather.
* 4.5H is the approximate time of continuous recording if the internal battery has been fully charged, when the LED light (if available) is off, the monitor backlight is set to standard mode, and without the use of zoom function.
Compatible with Portable Battery*
and USB Charging
In emergency situations where you need a little more juice, just connect a portable battery* (commercially available smartphone accessory) and keep on shooting. Or you can Quick Charge via micro USB terminal to extend recording time as well.
* When used with a portable battery of over 1.0A, 5V and over 1000mAh. Compatibility is not guaranteed for all portable batteries.
40x Optical Zoom
Everio offers 40x optical zoom so you can zoom-in on subjects that are far away with full optical quality maintained.
60x Dynamic Zoom
Powerful CMOS maintains HD resolution even when exceeding the optical zoom range.
The zooming microphone changes the focal point to match the picture from wide to tele, so you can always hear what you see.
Low Light Performance
Everio’s Super LoLux ensures superior sensitivity to low light. With a 2.5M Back-illuminated CMOS sensor, you can capture clear images with precise colors even in low light. No worry while indoors or in dark situations.
Quality and Creativity
Full HD 1920x1080 Recording
AVCHD enables you to record, watch and share high quality video in native Full HD resolution.
Everio features A.I.S. (Advanced Image Stabilizer) technology for effective camera-shake compensation, especially in the wide-angle range.
The same audio technology used in recording studios to restore sound elements that are lost during digital compression, assures realistic sound of recorded scenes. K2 is applied during the recording process so it’s effective even when playback isn’t done at the camcorder.
10 Megapixel Stills
In addition to Full HD video, Everio can also record still pictures with an image size of up to 10 Megapixels. Enjoy stills with zoom power that digital still cameras and smartphones just can't match.
Auto Wind Cut
Automatically turns Wind Cut ON and OFF depending on wind conditions using an original algorithm and tuning, so scenes won’t sound noisy or unnaturally muted.
Time-Lapse REC records one frame at a time at set intervals (1sec. – 80sec.). So you can watch movement that’s hours long in just a few seconds when played back. It’s great when you want to observe an event that takes place over a long period of time or to record unique-looking scenes in a creative way.
Special Effects Video Recording
Interesting visual effects to spice-up any scene. Works with still images too.
Grainy MonochromeTurns any scene into a rough black & white image like an old film!
Food ModeAny dish looks more delicious as colors of foods are accented to “bring out the flavor”!
Baby ModeBaby skintones are enhanced to bring out their cutest!
Everio MediaBrowser 4 Software
Windows PC software supplied for easy import, management and editing of your videos. Provided in the built-in memory of the camera.
Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X
You can edit your video afterwards with iMovie or Final Cut Pro X just like the pros do.
Quad Proof Specifications
- Waterproof: Equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529 IPX8 (30 minutes at depths up to 5m/16.4ft)
- Dustproof: Equivalent to IEC Standard publication 529/IP5X
- Shockproof: 2014 Everio clears company testing compliant with “MIL-STD-810F Method 516.5 Shock: dropping onto plywood
3cm/1-3/16" thick from a height of 1.5m/4.9ft”
- Freezeproof: Allowable operating temperatures: -10ºC/14ºF to 40ºC/104ºF
Precautions for Quad Proof Function
- Malfunction due to misuse by the customer is not covered by warranty.
- Before use in water, be sure to read the “Detailed User Guide” in the built-in memory of the camcorder.
- Close the connector cover firmly until it clicks and confirm that the red sign completely goes off.
- Make sure that there is no damage to and no foreign material adhered to the packing inside the cover.
- Use the camcorder in marine water and fresh water not deeper than 5m/16.4ft and for not more than 30 minutes.
- The waterproof cannot be guaranteed if the camcorder is subject to impact such as dropping.
- Do not apply impact in water.
- Do not soak the camcorder in hot springs or water of 40ºC/104ºF or higher.
- Dustproof function is not meant to encourage use on sand. Avoid use in conditions where sand and/or dust particles can become lodged in moving parts such as the LCD monitor hinge and zoom lever.
- Temperatures between 0°C/32°F and -10°C/14°F temporarily lower battery performance, reducing the time available for recording.
- Quad Proof is not a guarantee of protection against damage and malfunction.
Software System Requirements ( Windows® )
Everio Media Browser™ 4
- Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 8.1 Pro (64-bit edition, pre-installed)
- Windows® 8 / Windows® 8 Pro (64-bit edition, pre-installed)
- Windows® 7 Home Premium (32-bit edition/64-bit edition, pre-installed, SP1)
- Windows Vista® Home Basic / Home Premium (32-bit edition/64-bit edition, pre-installed, SP2)
- Intel® Core™ Duo, at least 1.66GHz
Design and specifications subject to change without notice. The photos of the products featured on this website may not be of actual products that are available in your country.
It should be noted that it may be unlawful to re-record pre-recorded tapes, records, or discs without the consent of the owner of copyright in the sound or video recording, broadcast or cable program and in any literary, dramatic, musical, or artistic work embodied therein.
Microsoft® and Windows Vista® are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Apple, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, iPad, iPhone, iPod, iPod touch, Mac, Macintosh and the Mac logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. The "Works with iMovie and Final Cut Pro X" logo is a trademark of Apple Inc.
“AVCHD” and the “AVCHD” logo are trademarks of Panasonic Corporation and Sony Corporation. Dolby and the double-D symbol are registered trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
HDMI, the HDMI logo and High-Definition Multimedia Interface are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing LLC. The SD, SDHC, and SDXC logos are trademarks of the SD Card Association. QR Code is registered trademark of DENSO WAVE INCORPORATED. All brand names are trademarks, registered trademarks, or trade names of their respective holders. Screen images and print samples on this website are simulated unless otherwise specified.
Copyright© 2014, JVCKENWOOD Corporation